Laws are put into place to regulate and maintain the integrity of society as a whole. Most laws have been in place well before any of us were around, so you could imagine some could be a bit outdated. Here are 10 of the most ridiculous laws in the state of Georgia.
- Acworth residents MUST own a rake.
- If you’re 16 years old or younger in Athens-Clarke County, you aren’t allowed to play pinball after 11:00 pm.
- If your store is going out of business, you need to obtain a business license to have a “Going Out of Business” sign.
- In Athens-Clarke County, selling alcohol in an adult bookstore is illegal.
- It’s against the the law to make strange sounds while at the fair.
- It’s illegal to live on a boat beyond 30 calendar days during a year, even if you’re just passing through the state.
- Members of the state assembly can’t receive speeding tickets if the assembly is underway.
- On Sunday, you cannot have an ice cream cone in your back pocket.
- You are not allowed to read your favorite book aloud in public after 2:45 am if you’re in Athens-Clarke County.
- You cannot bride someone with goldfish to enter a bingo game.
Granted, every state has their share of crazy laws, but we believe these are some wackiest laws in the country. And because they are still active laws, you can be fined or even arrested for violating any one of them. If you find yourself in a sticky situation and in need of bail bond services you can trust, be sure to call Double “O” Bonding at (706) 353-6467.