Theft Charge Bail
A theft charge is a broad term for a myriad of crimes. Luckily, our agents at Double “O” Bonding specialize in each and every one of these charges. If you have or your loved one has been arrested for theft, call us today! We can help you make bail fast. Our sympathetic advocates understand the stress you may be feeling and know how to help. We offer theft charge bail in Jefferson, GA and many surrounding counties as fast and painlessly as possible.
As there are different kinds of theft there are also different levels of severity connected to each crime. No matter which crime you have or your loved one has been arrested for, we know how to help. We only require a low percentage of the overall bail as payment plus we have a multitude of financial options so that you have the best chance of getting your loved one out with as little difficulty as possible. After we have your defendants information, we can locate them and get them released faster than the jail system is naturally inclined to do.
Types of Theft
“Theft” can be applied to property, finances, and identity. It is a broad word with a wide scope which can involve anyone who comes into contact with the “stolen goods.” A list of possible crimes for examples are as follows:
- Theft by deception
- Theft by taking
- Theft by conversion
- Theft of services
- Theft by deception, taking, or conversion of lost or mislaid property
- Theft by receiving stolen property
- Theft by receiving property stolen in another state
- Theft by bringing stolen property into state
- Retail property fencing
- Theft by forfeiture: intent to avoid payment
- Theft by shoplifting
- Theft of identity
- Theft of credit cards/bank accounts/financial holdings
- Theft of trade secrets
- Theft by extortion
- Livestock theft
Repercussions and Penalties
Theft may be counted as either a misdemeanor or felony depending on the value of what was stolen as well as the circumstance or threat carried with the theft. By this, the state specifies that automatic felony thefts include thefts:
- of anhydrous ammonia (carrying a penalty of 1-10 years of incarceration)
- of government or bank property (by an employee carrying a penalty of 1-15 years of incarceration and/or a fine)
- of a motor vehicle (carrying a penalty of 1-10 years of incarceration)
- involving a cemetery decoration (carrying a penalty of 1-3 years of incarceration)
- involving a breach of a fiduciary relationship (carrying a penalty of 1-15 years of incarceration and/or a fine)
- of an explosive or firearm (carrying a penalty of 1-10 years of incarceration)
In all alternative cases of theft, if an offense involves an overall value at more than $500, the theft can be counted as a felony – or misdemeanor at the discretion of the judge. A felony theft charge carries with it a prison sentence between one and ten years. If an offense involves an overall value of $500 or less, the theft counts as a misdemeanor. The penalties for this misdemeanor follow state regulations as a fine up to $1,000, a prison sentence of no more than one year, or both.
Your Trusted Bail Bondsmen
We are licensed, local, and we know how to make bail fast. This is a difficult circumstance for everyone involved but our team of professionals understands what your loved one has been and is going through. We provide theft charge bail in Jefferson, GA and many surrounding counties. Let’s start today, no matter what time it is. We are available 24 hours, seven days a week, for you.