Jail Information for Jefferson, GA
Our bail agents can help you find your loved one if they’ve been arrested. There is more than one holding facility in Jefferson, GA and if you don’t already know where your loved one has been taken for booking, we can help locate them. Though we work across many counties throughout Georgia, our offices are located in Jefferson, GA and our team of bail specialists have worked often with the Sheriff’s office and know not only where and how to contact the local jails, we know how their systems work. We keep our phone lines open 24/7 for just that circumstance and as soon as we know the name of your defendant, we can tell you what to expect and what they have been through according to the holding facility’s procedures. More jail information for Jefferson, GA is just a phone call away.
If your loved one has been arrested in the last 7 days, you can search for them in the Clarke County Sheriff’s Office records here. Please note that there may be a 24-hour delay on any recent arrests.
If your loved one has been in jail for longer than 7 days, you can search for them in the Clarke County Sheriff’s Office Inmate records here.
It’s important to understand the process of an arrest. Either during the commission of a crime or after a warrant has been procured is when the police may make a legal arrest. Then the suspect becomes a defendant and they are read their Miranda Rights. Once the defendant has been taken to the officer’s police station, they are booked. Being booked – or
processed – means recording basic information like legal name, date of birth, and on, getting a pat down, inventory of personal property, being fingerprinted, checking for warrants, having a photo taken, and possibly giving a DNA sample.
After booking, the defendant gets their one legally required call, and then the defendant is admitted into a jail cell with other prisoners, where they remain until they either post bail or go to their arraignment, have their bail set and post a bond for the new amount. If bail is denied or exorbitant, then the defendant stays in jail until all court proceedings are over. After that, any future jail time will have been decided by a judge.
The first place your defendant is taken is to the Clarke County Police Lockup (information located below). They may be transferred to another facility based on a classification system in place for everyone’s safety.
Athens-Clarke County Police Lockup
3035 Lexington Rd.
Athens, GA 30605
Other Holding Facilities in Jefferson, GA
University of Georgia Police Jail
286 Oconee St.
Athens, GA 30602
Clarke County GA Jail
3015 Lexington Rd.
Athens, GA 30605
Inmates are allowed 4 visits per week. Rules for all visitors include, but are not limited to:
- being neither under the influence nor bringing any form of alcohol or narcotics to the property.
- do not bring any form of weapon – guns, knives, etc. – onto the property
- jail staff has the final say so about any behavioral issues or dress code violations
- only speak to the inmate with whom you have arranged to visit
- Do not wear anything sheer or transparent, no hemlines above the knee, no necklines which reveal shoulders or may be immodest
- Do not wear double layers
- Do not wear anything similar to the staff’s uniform
- Do not wear hoods, hats or anything which may illicit violence, vulgar language, drugs, offensive words or weapons. For further visitation rules, click here.
Standard Visitation hours are:
- Tuesday and Wednesday from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 03:00 pm
If you have any questions at all or just want to talk to a licensed professional, our lines are open 24/7. Our bail agents can give you any jail information for Jefferson, GA that isn’t listed above or simply clarify any details which concern you. Call us!