Drug Charge Bail
If you have or a loved one has been accused of drug possession, selling, or intent to sell, and you need to make bail fast, call Double “O” Bonding right now! We post bonds for drug charge bail in Athens and for many surrounding counties. We can find your loved one, push through the paperwork, and get your or your loved one’s bail posted so they don’t have to spend a single second more behind bars than they have to.
The stigma of a possession charge can be a lot to carry for the rest of your life, but it is truly the legal trouble you’re facing now on the threat of conviction that we need to focus on first. Drug related offenses are cataloged under “Schedules.” In the state of Georgia, there are 5 Schedules with different controlled substances and their chemical makeups organized according to level of addiction possibility, threat to health, and level of legitimate medical use.
Drug Schedules are organized so as to assign immediate bail and possible penalties depend on which and how much of a controlled substance is found on your person or in your possession. Each penalty and classification (misdemeanor or felony) may be reevaluated at arraignment by a judge who can either lessen the assigned bail or multiply it. Our purpose is to bail you out before it can be altered to hurt you more. The range of severity goes from Schedule I, which contains the controlled substances which have no medical use and carry the highest risk of addiction, to Schedule V, which contains substances that are commonly prescribed by physicians and carry the least likelihood of incurring addiction. Marijuana is categorized outside of the set Schedules.
A short summation of each Schedule, offense and its corresponding penalty is as follows:
- Less than an ounce of marijuana is a misdemeanor that incurs fines up to $1,000 and up to one year in jail.
- More than an ounce of marijuana is a felony that incurs 1-10 years incarcerated.
- On your first offense with substances from Schedule I or II is a felony which incurs 2-15 years incarcerated.
- Any subsequent offense involving a controlled substance from Schedule I or II is a felony which incurs 5-30 years incarcerate.
- On your first offense with substances from Schedule III, IV, or V is a felony which incurs 1-5 years of incarceration.
- Any subsequent offense involving a controlled substance from Schedule III, IV, or V is a felony which incurs 1-10 years of incarceration.
All drug possession charges are penalized by mandatory suspension of your driver’s license for a first offense of 6 months, a second offense of 1 year, and a third (or subsequent) offense of at least 2 years.
Here are a few examples of the controlled substances in each Schedule:
- Schedule I – GHB, LSD, ecstasy, heroin
- Schedule II – cocaine, opium, methamphetamine, methadone, and morphine
- Schedule III – hydrocodone and steroids (such as testosterone and ketamine)
- Schedule IV – benzodiazepines (such as Valium and Xanx)
- Schedule V – medications with small amounts of opium, cough suppressants with a small amount of codeine
Your Fast Bail Solution
Double “O” Bonding bail agents work for our community. We get you home fast so you can evaluate your options, consult with an attorney, and have a real chance at organizing your defense. We post bonds for drug charge bail in Athens and for many surrounding counties to do our best to help everyone sleep in their own bed at night. We want you to have as much time with your loved ones after this distressing experience at the first chance you get, and we’re here to help give you that chance. Call us now! We’re open 24/7 every day, through weekends and holidays.